Microphone and Speaker issues are commonly caused by blocked ports and software interference. Please attempt the suggestions below to restore functionality to your microphone, ear speaker, or loud speaker.
1. Remove your device from the case if you are using one, and identify the 2-3 tiny microphone holes (they are small look very carefully!) and the speaker grilles on the device. Check for caked on dirt and debris that could be blocking these ports.
2. If you see dirt or debris scrape it off speaker grilles, or use a tiny rigid object like a needle or paperclip to unblock microphone holes.
3. Turn off your bluetooth. This isolates the issue to ensure that no other device is receiving the sound. Try the microphone or speaker again through a call to see if this resolves the issue.
Note: If none of these suggestions resolve the problem the last attempt would be a factory reset of the device. Follow the steps below to factory reset.
IMPORTANT: Factory reset will erase all data. Make sure your device is backed up before reset.
Factory Reset Apple iPhone:
1. Tap Settings > General > Reset
- Then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
2. If asked, enter your passcode or Apple ID password
- Then confirm that you want to erase your device.
3. Wait for your device to erase
- Depending on your device, it can take a few minutes to completely erase your data.