When you are returning, selling, or exchanging your phone, the Samsung Account needs to be removed BEFORE FACTORY RESETTING. If it is not, that account will lock the phone so that only you can use it. Here are easy instructions on how to remove that to ensure your personal information is not on the phone after the factory reset.
1. Open the Settings menu
2. Look for either Accounts or Cloud and Accounts
- If Cloud and Accounts had to be selected, press Accounts
3. Select Samsung
4. Press the e-mail associated with the account at the top of the page
5. Do one of these three options depending on your phone model:
- Select the three dots in the top right hand corner
- Select the "More" button in the top right
- Select the "Menu" button that is a software button in the lower left corner
6. Select Remove Account
7. Enter Samsung password and Confirm
*You will need to have a wifi connection or a good data connection to allow the removal to process completely.