A "digitizer" is the glass that covers the LCD on your phone. It converts your actions into a digital signal that your phone understands (pressing or swiping).
These symptoms ARE NOT typical for a bad digitizer.
- Apps force closing
- Screen going black
- Screen lagging or scrolling slowly
- Sporadic delayed input
These symptoms are usually associated with software issues and not the digitizer.
Here are some common symptoms of a bad digitizer:
- Phone is unresponsive when touching screen.
- Phone response is very slow when touching the screen.
- Some areas on the phone screen respond erratically or not at all when touched.
- Phone apps open unpredictably or randomly.
- Phone selects things you are not selecting.
Consistent presence of these symptoms over multiple days usually means the digitizer is bad.
If you believe your digitizer is bad try these fixes:
- Remove any case or screen protector (plastic or glass protectors).
- Clean the screen with a damp (with water) cloth towel.
- Test the digitizer for symptoms while the phone is plugged and unplugged from the charger. Sometimes a faulty cable or charging cube can cause symptoms.
- Attempt a soft reset of your phone. Click Here for instructions.
If these suggestions do not solve your digitizer issues please scroll down and "Submit a Ticket" to our Customer Support team.